Mortal remains of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel martyred in the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) attack in Pulwama were brought to New Delhi on Friday. PM Narendra Modi paid tributes to the martyrs at Palam technical area. At least 40 security personnel were martyred and three were missing / not traceable after a JeM terrorist targeted a CRPF convoy with a car bomb in Awantipora in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district, in one of the worst attacks on security forces in the state ever. In a stern message to isolate Pakistan globally, India announced its decision to withdraw the ‘Most Favoured Nation’ status granted to Pakistan.
— ANI (@ANI) February 15, 2019
The dastardly attack was strongly condemned by the Indian government, with Prime Minister on Friday pledging that perpetrators of the cowardly attack will “pay a heavy price for it.”
Meanwhile, Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited the spot where the incident took place. Addressing a press conference, Singh later blamed Pakistan for the attack and said that there are elements in Jammu and Kashmir ‘which take money from ISI’. Earlier, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in an official statement, blamed Pakistan for the attack and added that JeM founder Maulana Masood Azhar had been “given the freedom to target India.” The international community, including the US, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Russia, and Bangladesh condemned the dastardly attack on Indian security personnel.
Notably, even as it condemned the Pulwama attack, Pakistan denied any involvement in it and said, “We strongly reject any insinuation by Indian media and government that seek to link the attack to Pakistan without investigations.”