Updating personal details in the Aadhaar card can be done via online and offline modes.
According to Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), with the online facility to update the Aadhaar card, an individual can only update or correct the respective address on the Aadhaar card if one a validated mobile number which is active.
In order to update other details such as the name of the person, date of birth, mobile number, email id and gender on the Aadhaar card, an individual is required to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
The self-service online mode of Aadhaar card updation offers address update facility to the residents where the resident can directly place the update request on the portal. Even as the Supreme Court has upheld the constitutional validity of Aadhaar card, Aadhaar card is useful in enabling various services income tax filing, government-run subsidy schemes etc.
Update the address in Aadhaar card with this 10-step guide
- Step 1: Visit the UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Step 2: Scroll down to navigate ‘Update Aadhaar’ section.
- Step 3: Click on ‘update your address online’.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Request for Address Validation Letter’.
- Step 5: Enter Aadhaar number and text verification.
- Step 6: Click on send One-Time Password (OTP) on the registered mobile number.
- Step 7: Enter ‘Address Verifier Aadhaar’ and submit.
Upon the successful submission of the request, the verifier will receive a message on the registered mobile number. Once the verifier confirms the request, the applicant will receive a message with Service Request Number (SRN) and a link to the application.
- Step 8: Enter the SRN after opening the link received on message.
- Step 9: Enter the contact details such as house number, street, area, pincode, city, district, state, etc.
- Step 10: Click on ‘Submit Update Request’.
After the final approval, the address will be successfully updated in the Aadhaar card.