After the September 26 verdict of the Supreme Court on Aadhaar authentication said, it is not mandatory to link Aadhaar with your bank accounts and mobile numbers. The five-judge bench of the Court ruled that the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) rules in this regard is unconstitutional. This is quite a good news for those who have not yet linked Aadhaar with their bank accounts and mobile numbers. But what about those who have already linked? Here are some steps on how to de-link your Aadhaar from your bank accounts and mobile numbers.
Follow these steps to de-link Aadhaar from your banks
- You need to go to the branch of the bank where you have the account and contact the customer care representative.
- You’ll then be required to submit a formal request in an application to the bank.
- Carry other Know Your Customer (KYC) documents like PAN card and passbook along with to facilitate delinking.
- Within 48 hours, the bank will delink your Aadhaar from your bank account and send you confirmation.
- You can also delink your bank account and Aadhaar number by using net banking facility or your bank’s mobile application.
You can also de-link Aadhaar from your mobile service providers
To de-link your mobile numbers from your Aadhaar, you can get in touch with your mobile customer care facility of your service provider or can visit the nearby branch of the telecom company to request for the de-linking process. Your Aadhaar will be de-linked within 48 hours of request.
Supreme Court’s decision to strike down Section 57, have prompted people to de-link their Aadhaar.